Saturday, December 3, 2011

Al-Fatihah



Al-Fatihah to my mom's cousin, 53, also a very close second-aunt who often advice on things I might not be able to talk with my mom. I pray that she rests in peace, it was a good burial Alhamdulillah and she had the opportunity to return back to Allah SWT on a rainy Friday.


For 23 years of my life, my aunt's passing just after Asar today, was my first experience of seeing someone leaving right before my eyes. After submitting my application for Edinburgh University, I had the urge to go to the hospital, as the night before I have already went to visit to read the Yaasin, she looked weak and she was breathing at 80+ heartbeat rate.

The last-time I talked to arwah was around 20 days ago, where she was already in the hospital for her sudden illness. She still looked fine, but a week after that she was admitted into ICU again, and stayed there until her last day today, in a state of coma.

Last night after I got back from the hospital, I immediately Googled the signs of those nearing their death (I'm sure you know what they are..) When I went to the hospital just now, everyone was there from distant cousins to distant uncle and aunt, even my second grand-mom made it, and her comment when she saw me was, "Muka tembam dah.." okay...I admit..

The first thing I looked at was the nose...yes, her hidung jatuh, and then my aunt and grand-mom starts rubbing her feet, they must have felt the stiffness of her feet...the heart rate starts to go from yesterdays 83 to 58...57...56...54....at 3.50 pm...everyone started reciting the yaasin and whisper the syahadah to her ear.. slowly...her heart rate starts to drop to 20..and one of my uncle (who is a Doctor), immediately went to her, calling her name inviting her to say the syahadah despite her state of coma..I just continued looking at the screen with the wavelength of the heartbeat rate and all the other wavelengths that I could not understand...

At one point when her heart rate falls to 15...I saw one wavelength immediately rising like kacau-bilau...some of us saw that wavelength and presumed that the Malaikat took her soul at that current moment and after that, it went to 6....5....0..... A moment of silence...my hands shook and trembled...we were all shaking from the shock (arwah was a very healthy person just 25 days ago..), I immediately saw her nose dropping and her lips turned dark blue from the pale red I saw just a minute before...

.........
.........
.........
.........

The funeral was good Alhamdulillah, all her family members and friends from the ranks of Dato Datin turut serta dengan lecah-lecah hujan lebat tadi bantai je tak kisah lah Salvatore Ferragamo ke, LV ke, Jimmy Choo ke...how much must they love my aunt as their friend, Alhamdulillah, tanah perkuburan kiara is her final resting place. It was said that when she was still alive, she would pass-by her now burial place ( a number of times)... to get to her uncle's grave just a few meters away from her own resting place. That's what my other aunt said... ironic right..that's..fate.

As soon as we start driving out of the grave yard, the tent which covers her grave starts to slowly blur away from my view...

Raya 2011

The reason why I am so touched by her passing is because of how she was as a person..from her happy-go-lucky youth days to how these past few last years of her life, the arwah, who was also a well-off lady...found her way back to Allah SWT and the full Islamic way of life...a reminder to us, will we be able to live that long too and see the hidayah of Allah SWT?

May Allah SWT bless her soul....

Good Night.

P.S: Arwah succumbed to an illness related to her paru2... jangan mandi malam, jangan suka berair-cond..jangan tidur dgn kucing...

No comments:

Post a Comment